For External Animal Use Only
ExSpot® Spot-On For Dogs Reg. No. G2980 (Act 36/1947) Namibia Reg. No. V03/18.3.3/754 NS0
For dogs and puppies from 2 weeks old.
Kills and controls flies, ticks (kennel ticks/brown dog ticks) and fleas for more than 4 weeks.
Contains: Permethrin 65% m/v
Store below 25oC
- Handle with care.
- Do not use on cats as Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs is toxic to cats.
- Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs should not be used on puppies less than 2 weeks old.
- Store away from food and feed.
- Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs is dangerous to fish.
- Do not allow treated animals to go swimming for 12 hours after treatment.
- Do not contaminate ponds, dams or rivers with the product or packaging.
- Dispose of all empty containers according to local waste disposal regulations and do not reuse for any other reason.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN, UNIFORMED PERSONS AND ANIMALS.
- Although this product has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Prevent contamination of food, drinking water and food utensils.
- Whilst handling Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs, avoid the solution coming into direct contact with your fingers.
- Wash your hands and any splashes immediately after use.
- Do not handle the area of application for 3 to 6 hours after treatment.
- If you are treating a number of dogs you should protect your hands by wearing gloves.
- Should your dog experience minor irritation on the skin at the site of application, bathe your dog with a mild shampoo. Do not use an insecticidal shampoo.
- Cats should not be allowed to groom your dog where the solution has been applied.
- If this should occur, separate the animals and consult your vet.
- It can be beneficial to apply Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs in the evening, however, you should not let your dog sleep with people especially children directly after treatment.
Directions For Use – Use Only As Directed
- Remove the plastic pipette from the package and cut at the neck to open.
- Apply by parting your dog’s coat on the back between the shoulder blades and to the tips of the ears where flies are a problem. Squeeze the solution directly onto the skin.
- Avoid applying the solution to the hair and do not rub into the skin as this will reduce the product’s efficacy.
- For dogs and puppies weighing up to and including 15 kg, for example an adult Cocker Spaniel, apply 1 plastic pipette (i.e. 1 mℓ) on to the skin between the shoulder blades and on the ears.
- For dogs and puppies weighing over 15 kg, apply 2 plastic pipettes (i.e. 2 x 1 mℓ). Apply one pipette on to the skin between the shoulder blades plus ears and one pipette on to skin on the back at the base of the tail.
Frequency Of Use
Exspot® Spot-on for Dogs will give your dog more than 4 weeks protection and control against flies, ticks (kennel ticks/brown dog ticks) and fleas. In the case of severe infestation, it is safe to re-apply a further treatment 7 days after the initial dose. If your dog gets very wet (i.e. shampooing or swimming) then the protection will be reduced and you should reapply the solution. Note: the 7 day limit still applies.
2 x 1 mℓ pipettes consisting of a blister film foil lid stock sealed into aluminium sachets.
Intervet South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
20 Spartan Road, Spartan,
Tel: +27 (0) 11 923 9300
Fax: +27 (0) 11 392 3158
Schering-Plough Animal Health
2667 West Dual
Baton-Rough, LA 70814
Date Of Publication Of This Package Insert
1 August 2012