FOR ANIMAL USE ONLY
Reg. No. G4407 (Act 36/1947)
Milpro Kittens contains Milbemycin oxime 4 mg, Praziquantel 10 mg per tablet.
Milpro tablets are palatable broad spectrum anthelmintic tablets for kittens and cats with a body mass of 0,5 kg to over 2 kg.
Milpro is indicated for the treatment and control of larval and adult stages of gastro-intestinal worms such as hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme), roundworms (Toxocara cati and Toxascaris leonina) and for the treatment and control of all stages of tapeworm (Dipylidium caninum, Joyeuxiella pasqualei, Taenia spp., Echinococcus spp., Mesocestoides spp.) in cats.
- For animal use only.
- Do not use in cats of less than 6 weeks of age and/or weighing less than 0,5 kg.
- Echinococcus spp. represents a hazard for humans (zoonosis). If Echinococcus spp. has been detected, specific treatment and follow-up guidelines should be followed, whist steps should be taken to safe-guard persons.
- At 6,5 times and higher dose rates (overdosing), mild transient clinical signs of tremors and ataxia may be observed in some cats. The symptoms will disappear within a day. No antidote is known.
- No studies have been performed in severely debilitated cats or individuals with compromised kidney or liver function. Milpro is not recommended for such animals and should only be used, following a risk/benefit assessment by the responsible veterinarian.
- Keep out of reach of children, uninformed persons and animals.
- Although this remedy has been extensively tested under a large variety of conditions, failure thereof may ensue as a result of a wide range of reasons. If this is suspected, seek veterinary advice and notify the registration holder.
- During treatment with Milpro, no other antiparasitic macrocyclic lactones should be administered concomitantly.
- Wash hands after use.
- Do no contaminate water courses, as milbemycin may be harmful to fish and other aquatic organisms.
- First aid: In the event of accidental ingestion of tablets, particularly by a child, seek medical advice immediately and show this package insert to a physician.
- Note to physician: Treatment is symptomatic and supportive.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Use only as directed.
Only for use by persons authorised thereto in terms the Veterinary and Para-Veterinary Professions Act, 1982 (Act 19 of 1982). Kittens should be treated with Milpro at the age of 6, 8, 10 and 12 weeks of age, and then monthly up to 6 months of age.
Nursing queens should be treated at the same time as their kittens.
Depending on the body mass of the cat, practical dosing is as follows:
|Mass of kitten-cat to be treated||Milpro Kittens (0,5 to 2 kg)|
|From 0,5 kg to 1 kg||½ tablet|
|From 1 kg to 2 kg||1 tablet|
|Mass of cat to be treated||Milpro Cats (more than 2 kg)|
|2 kg to 4 kg||½ tablet|
|4 kg to 8 kg||1 tablet|
|> 8 – 12 kg||1½ tablet|
Milpro may be administered at any time with or without food.
For complete absorption, Milpro can also be mixed into a portion of the daily food ration or hidden in pieces of meat.
Where more than one cat is being treated, ensure that each pet is treated individually.
Milpro tablets contain milbemycin oxime, a nematode neurotransmission inhibitor, leading to paralysis of gastrointestinal nematodes and their subsequent expulsion, as well as praziquantel, a cestocide that interferes with muscular calcium metabolism of cestodes, leading to muscular contraction in these parasites and their expulsion or death.
Milpro has been shown to be effective in treating mixed infections of immature and mature cestodes and nematodes of the following species:
Store at or below 30 °C in the original packaging material.
After first opening the immediate packaging, the tablets can be stored for 6 months.
Milpro Kittens: After removal of the tablet from the blister strip return the remaining half of a tablet to the original blister and close the foil as well as possible. The remaining tablet can be stored at or below 25 °C for up to 6 months.
Milpro Kittens: Oval shaped, dark brown, meat flavoured film coated tablets with a score side on both sides. Film coated tablets are packed into aluminium/aluminium blisters strips of 2 tablets per blister. Blister strips are packed into cardboard cartons containing 24 tablets per carton.
Virbac RSA (Pty) Ltd
(Reg no. 1990/003743/07)
Private Bag X115,