Adaptil Collar is ideal for:
- Puppy socialization
- Travelling (for dogs travelling often or for long journeys and/or going to new destinations such as on holiday, moving home etc.)
- Loud noises (thunderstorms or fireworks), especially for dogs living mostly outdoors and who cannot be kept home during such events
- Staying home alone (especially for outdoor dogs).
Two sizes of adjustable collars are available:
puppy/small dogs (fits neck up to 37.5cm)
medium/large dogs (fits neck up to 62.5cm).
Each collar lasts up to 4 weeks and can be replaced as required.
How do I fit an ADAPTIL® collar?
- Place a finger in the plastic loop situated in the inside of the collar close to the buckle.
- Using this loop pull the thin plastic to uncoil the collar.
- Fasten the collar.
- Place over our dogs head to tie loosely around the neck.
- Tighten the collar to fit snugly with your dog’s skin.
- You should be able to place no more than 2 fingers between collar and dog’s skin.
- Ensure the collar is fixed inside the buckle.
- Cut off the excess portion of the collar.
Regarding puppies: as the puppy grows, it’s important to regularly adjust the fit of the collar to make sure it’s not too tight.
The Adaptil Collar is proven to work on all breeds of dog, as long as it is fitted correctly.
The appeasing pheromone is released almost immediately. The Collar will not work when it is wet, but diffuses again as soon as it’s dry.
If your dog wears another collar, it is important to ensure the Adaptil Collar stays in contact with the skin. Please note the Adaptil collar cannot be used to attach a leash.