It can be added to milk, milk replacer or water, or simply sprinkle over your pet’s food at mealtimes.
Suitable for use in dogs, cats, hamsters/rodents, horses, birds, cattle, pigs & lambs.
NB for Diabetic animals: Protexin Soluble contains dextrose (glucose)
Protexin Soluble should be used:
- During the first few weeks after birth to help puppies & kittens to develop beneficial intestinal bacteria
- Before, during and after stressful situations like changes in food, travel or surgery
- In mothers before giving birth, before & during weaning
- Routinely after antibiotic treatment
- Regularly to prevent tummy upsets and keep pets healthy
- In pets with ‘windy’ tummies
What’s the difference between Prebiotics and Probiotics?
Probiotics are live microorganisms that, when ingested, exert beneficial health effects that extend beyond their nutritional value. There are 7 different organisms in Protexin power.
Prebiotics are non-digestible food ingredients that promote the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria. Examples of these are Beetpulp and Fructooligosaccharides (FOS) which are found in Eukanuba diets. Use a combination of both to promote gastrointestinal health for your pet.
Dosage & Directions for use
Add to milk, milk replacer or water, or simply sprinkle over your pet’s food at mealtimes.
1 medicine measure = 5 g
|Dogs And Cats||2 Grams (1/2 Measuring Cup Daily)|
|Hamsters/Rodents||1/2 – 1 Grams (1/8 – 1/4 Measureing Cup Daily)|
|Birds||5 – 10 Grams Per Liter Of Drinking Water Daily|
|Horses||Foals/Ponies 5 Grams Per Day |
Adult Horses 10 Grams Per Day
|Cattle||Calves 2 Grams Per Day For 3 Days, Then 1 Gram Thereafter |
Weaned Calves & Cattle 4 Grams Per Day
|Lamb||1 Gram Per Day|
|Piglets/Weaners||2 Grans Per Day Fr 5 Days|
Reg. No. G1265 Act 36/194